- The definition of a bonk is a level of exhaustion that keeps a person from going any further.
An example of a bonk is when a cyclist cannot finish their race due to total exhaustion.
- The definition of to bonk is to reach a point of exhaustion keeping you from going any further.
An example of bonk is when a marathon runner reaches the 20-mile marker and cannot proceed because he or she has depleted all of their body fuel.
- to hit on the head with a hollow, resounding blow
- to hit (one's head) against something
- Slang, Brit. to engage in sexual intercourse (with): mildly vulgar
Origin of bonkechoic
- a blow on the head
- the sound of this
- Slang, Brit. an act or instance of sexual intercourse: mildly vulgar
verbbonked, bonk·ing, bonks
- To strike or cause to come into contact: She bonked her head going through the low doorway.
- Chiefly British Vulgar Slang To have sexual intercourse with.
- To collide against something: His head bonked against the wall as he fell.
- To become suddenly and extremely fatigued, especially in an endurance sport such as bicycling.
- Chiefly British Vulgar Slang To engage in sexual intercourse.
- A blow to the head.
- A hollow thud.
- A state of sudden and extreme fatigue often experienced when participating in endurance sports, especially bicycling.
- Chiefly British Vulgar Slang An act of sexual intercourse.
Origin of bonkImitative
(third-person singular simple present bonks, present participle bonking, simple past and past participle bonked)
- To strike or collide with something.
- To have sexual intercourse.
- (skateboarding) To hit something with the front wheels of the skateboard, whilst in the air, this pre-dates the snowboarding term,
- (snowboarding) To hit something (especially a tree) with one's snowboard, especially while in the air.
- To experience sudden and severe fatigue in an endurance sports event due to glycogen depletion.