A bone-dry field.
The definition of bone-dry is extremely dry or thirsty.
An example of being in a bone-dry state is walking through a desert all day without water.
- dry as a bone that has lain exposed to the air; very dry
- absolutely abstaining from, or prohibiting the use of, alcoholic drinks
Having no trace of moisture.
(comparative more bonedry, superlative most bonedry)
- Alternative spelling of bone-dry.
- (idiomatic) totally dry; without moisture.
- Alternative form of bone-dry.
- When I went out to water my garden, the soil was bone dry. No wonder plants were drooping.