a printing type having heavy, dark lines: the headwords in this dictionary are in boldface
set or printed in boldface
Abbr. bf Type with thick heavy lines.
Typeset or printed in thick heavy type.
transitive verbbold·faced, bold·fac·ing, bold·fac·es
- To mark (copy) for printing in this type.
- To set or print in this type.
- (typography) A font that is dark, having a high ration of ink to white space, written or drawn with thick strong lines.
(third-person singular simple present boldfaces, present participle boldfacing, simple past and past participle boldfaced)
- To print, write or draw in a boldfaced font.
- Boldface the due date so they are sure to see it.