- To body-slam is to pick someone's body up and slam it on the ground.
An example of a body-slam is when a wrestler picks his opponent up, lifts him over his head and then slams the opponent down hard onto the wrestling mat.
(third-person singular simple present bodyslams, present participle bodyslamming, simple past and past participle bodyslammed)
- (wrestling and combat sports) To throw an opponent bodily on the floor, eg in wrestling or judo, sometimes also throwing one's own body on top of them
- (figuratively) To deliver a devastating blow against an opponent
- Such a throw
- (figuratively) A devastating blow against an opponent.
(third-person singular simple present body-slams, present participle body-slamming, simple past and past participle body-slammed)
- Alternative spelling of bodyslam.
(plural body slams)
- Alternative spelling of body slam.