- The definition of a blending is a mix.
An example of a blending is a person with a Korean mother and a Mexican father.
- Blending is defined as mixing two or more parts together.
- An example of blending is putting yogurt, milk and fruit together to make a smoothie.
- An example of blending is mixing two type of coffee to make a special flavor.
A girl blending ingredients to make a smoothie.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Variant of blend
- to mix or mingle (varieties of tea, tobacco, etc.), esp. so as to produce a desired flavor, color, grade, etc.
- to mix or fuse thoroughly, so that the parts merge and are no longer distinct: green results from blending blue and yellow
Origin: Middle English blenden ; from Old English blendan and amp; Old Norse blanda, to mix ; from Indo-European base an unverified form bhlendh-, to glimmer indistinctly from source blind, blunder
- to mix, merge, or unite
- to pass gradually or imperceptibly into each other, as colors
- to go well together; harmonize
- the act of blending; thorough mixing
- the result of blending; a mixture or merger of varieties, kinds, types, etc.: a blend of coffee
- ☆ Linguis. a word formed by combining parts of other words (Ex.: galumph, smog)
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.