blazing starblaz·ing star
- any of a genus (Liatris) of American wildflowers of the composite family, with showy, usually lavender flowers borne on wandlike spikes
- any of various plants, esp. of the lily family, having showy flower clusters
Origin of blazing stardescriptive
- Any of various North American plants of the genus Liatris in the composite family, having small discoid flower heads grouped in a dense raceme or panicle. Also called gayfeather .
- A rhizomatous dioecious herb (Chamaelirium luteum) having long racemes of small white flowers. Also called devil's bit . Also called fairywand .
- A biennial plant (Mentzelia laevicaulis) of western North America, having large, star-shaped, pale-yellow flowers.
dotted blazing star