- ☆ any of a genus (Liatris) of American wildflowers of the composite family, with showy, usually lavender flowers borne on wandlike spikes
- ☆ any of various plants, esp. of the lily family, having showy flower clusters
See blazing star in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A rhizomatous dioecious herb (Chamaelirium luteum) in the lily family, having long racemes of small flowers. Also called devil's bit.
- Any of various North American plants of the genus Liatris in the composite family, having small discoid flower heads grouped in a dense raceme or panicle. Also called button snakeroot, gay feather.
- A biennial plant (Mentzelia laevicaulis) of western North America, having large, star-shaped, pale-yellow flowers.
Learn more about blazing star