- 1906, South Australian Geology Department, Henry Yorke Lyell Brown, Robert Etheridge, Reports (geological and general) resulting from the explorations made by the government geologist and staff during 1905, page 36,
- September 30th, 1905.—Examined some hills in the locality. A Chinaman and some blackboys are camped here with some cattle belonging to the Mount Diamond butcher.
- 1930, Mary Montgomerie Bennett, The Australian Aboriginal as a Human Being, page 49,
- His tracks joined a cattle pad, and the blackboys followed them at speed, two riding on each side of the path.
- (Australia, informal) Any plant in the genus Xanthorrhoea, native to Australia.