- any of several plants of various families (esp. of the genera Primula and Veronica of the primrose and figwort families) having flowers with centers and petals of contrasting colors
- a textile pattern of small, diamond-shaped figures, each with a dot in the center
- a fabric with such a pattern
- A fabric woven with a pattern of small diamonds, each having a dot in the center.
- The pattern of such a fabric.
- Marked with a spot or spots resembling a bird's eye or eyes, as the bird's-eye maple or a blue flower having a small circular yellow center.
- Derived from or as if from an altitude or distance; comprehensive: a bird's-eye survey; a bird's-eye view.
(comparative more bird's-eye, superlative most bird's-eye)