- An example of bimonthly used as an adjective is the phrase a bimonthly bill which means a bill that comes every two months.
- An example of bimonthly used as an adjective is the phrase a bimonthly paycheck which means a paycheck that comes two times a month.
- once every two months
- Now Rare twice a month: in this sense, semimonthly is the preferred term
- Happening every two months.
- Happening twice a month; semimonthly.
- Once every two months.
- Twice a month; semimonthly.
Because of the ambiguity of this word, it is best to avoid it. Instead, use twice a month or every two months as appropriate. Also see biweekly.
- A publication that is published on a bimonthly basis.
- We have to get the report done. If the boss doesn't get his bimonthly he'll scream.
bi- + month + -ly