(plural Bible bashers)
- (pejorative) A fundamentalist Christian preacher, who is seen to take every opportunity to talk about Christianity and attempt to convert those around them.
- I don't ever go to my local church any more: it's become filled with stupid, fuddy-duddy bible bashers.
- (US) A person who finds fault with the Bible, Christianity, or Christian teaching.
- While the second sense is used chiefly in the US, the first sense is also current used in the US (in context). See talk page.
- This term is a contranym (its own antonym), since the senses are negations of one another.