A berried bush.
berried definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- producing or covered with berries
- like a berry, as in shape
- bearing eggs: said of lobsters, crayfish, etc.
berried definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having or bearing berries: berried branches; a berried plant.
- Resembling a berry or berries: “an off-dry, berried flavor” (New York Times).
- Bearing eggs. Used especially of egg-bearing crustaceans or fishes: a berried lobster.
Variant of berry
noun pl. berries
- any small, juicy, fleshy fruit, as a strawberry or raspberry
- the dry seed or kernel of various plants, as a coffee bean or wheat grain
- an egg of a lobster, crayfish, etc.
- Bot. a fleshy fruit with a soft wall and thin skin, as the tomato, grape, or cranberry
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old English berie, a berry, grape, akin to Old Norse ber, Gothic weina-basi, literally , wine berry
- berrylike adjective