- a competition in which women are rated on the basis of physical beauty, and often also talent, personality, etc.also beauty pageant
- any competition based on superficial criteria
- A contest in which a number of people, especially women or girls, are judged with regard to their physical beauty and often their talent or personality, usually with a single winner.
- A competition or comparison based primarily on external or superficial factors: an election that proved to be little more than a beauty contest.
(plural beauty contests)
- A competition in which participants compete for a determination that one is the most physically attractive.