- The definition of beanpole is a stick used to support a growing bean plant, or is a slang term for a person who is both tall and thin.
- An example of a beanpole is the thin metal stick used by a farmer to keep his bean plants growing upright.
- An example of a beanpole is a tall, skinny supermodel.
Beans growing on a beanpole.
beanpole definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a long stick put upright for bean plants to climb on
- Informal a tall, lean person
beanpole definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A thin pole used to support bean vines.
- Informal A very tall, thin person.