- a narrow ribbon, esp. one worn around the head to hold the hair in place
- a band of material covering the breasts, as a strapless bikini top
Origin of bandeauFrench ; from Old French bendel, diminutive of bende, band
nounpl. ban·deaux or ban·deaus
- A narrow band for the hair.
- A garment consisting of a band of fabric that covers the bust, sometimes having removable straps.
- A usually strapless brassiere.
Origin of bandeauFrench, from Old French bandel, diminutive of bande, band, strip; see band1.
(plural bandeaux or bandeaus)
From French bandeau, from Old French bandel, diminutive form of bande.