B2C stands for business-to-consumer and means a business relationship where a company's customers are consumers, not businesses.
Facts About B2C
- B2C sales are driven by highlighting the advantages of the product and its usefulness.
- B2C sales are based on novelty, ease of use, appearance or price. Any one of these characteristics can influence the sale to a consumer.
- The B2C sale relies on the emotional feeling between a customer and a product.
- The sales volume is based on getting the customer to by more than one product. Entice them to get one for a friend or relative.
- With B2C sales, the sale is almost instantaneous. The customer decides to buy and pays right then.
- An example of B2C is a live online chat between a cell phone provider and a customer.
- An example of B2C is a customer buying a car from a car dealer.