- A mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic system used to guide a vehicle without assistance from a human being.
- I set the autopilot to due south, so I could get some rest.
- A state of mind where one no longer thinks about doing one's actions, but acts mechanically
- I've been doing this 12 hours non-stop, and am so hungry and tired that I've stopped thinking: I'm now on autopilot.
(third-person singular simple present autopilots, present participle autopiloting, simple past and past participle autopiloted)
- (intransitive, of a vehicle) To pilot itself; to drive or travel automatically.