- The definition of attitudinal is related to one's feeling, mood or manner of acting.
If your friend has been in the mood to not tell the truth lately, it is an example of someone who is attitudinal.
Variant of attitude
- the position or posture assumed by the body in connection with an action, feeling, mood, etc.: to kneel in an attitude of prayer
- a manner of acting, feeling, or thinking that shows one's disposition, opinion, etc.: a friendly attitude
- one's disposition, opinion, mental set, etc.
- Aeron. the position of an aircraft or spacecraft in relation to a given line or plane, as the horizon
- Ballet a position in which one leg is raised with the knee bent and the arms are extended
- a quarrelsome or sullen disposition or temperament
- a posture or pose of being cocky, haughty, etc.
Origin: French ; from Italian attitudine, attitude, aptness ; from Late Latin aptitudo (gen. aptitudinis) ; from Classical Latin aptus, apt
- attitudinal adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.