Origin of Ashevilleafter Samuel Ashe (1725-1813), governor of N.C.
A city of western North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains west of Charlotte. It is a popular tourist center.x
- Asheville is located along the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountain range in western North Carolina and is listed as the number one retirement town on TopRetirement.com.
- Biltmore-The Biltmore mansion in Asheville, North Carolina, has plenty to boast about any time of the year.
- Asheville is situated at the junction of three branches of the Southern railway, on a high terrace on the east bank of the French Broad river, at the mouth of the Swannanoa, about 2300 ft.
- Among its social clubs are the Albemarle, the Asheville, the Elks, the Tahkeeostee and the Swannanoa Country clubs.
- North-west of Asheville) in 1891.