- The definition of as-if is a slang expression to imply that something is far fetched or never going to happen.
An example of a time when you might say "as-if" is if someone asks if your designer new silk robe is polyester.
- In the same way that it would be if: looked as if she were made of ice.
- That: It seemed as if the meeting would never end.
- As though; in a manner suggesting.
- The old man stumbled, as if he were about to fall.
- In mimicry of.
- When the teacher's back was turned, the class clown would hold his stomach as if he were ill.
- (idiomatic) Refers to something that the speaker deems highly unlikely.
- "I'm going to clean your whole house." "As if!"