arborization[är′bər i zā′s̸hən]
arborization definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a treelike formation or arrangement
- the forming of such an arrangement
Origin: arbor plush -ization
arborization definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A branching, treelike shape or arrangement, as that of the dendrite of a nerve cell.
- The formation of a treelike shape or arrangement.
arborization - Medical Definition
- The treelike terminal branching of nerve fibers or blood vessels.
- The leaflike pattern formed under certain conditions by a dried smear of cervical mucus.