Origin of appletblend of application and -let
The definition of an applet is an application or program with limited functions, often used within a web browser.
An example of an applet is a program written in Java that makes a web page more interactive by drawing a pie chart.
Comput. a small application (sense ) that performs a simple function and operates only within or in association with another program or device
A small program designed to be downloaded from the internet to run on a webpage that a user is accessing.
Origin of appletappl(ication) -et
applet - Computer Definition
- Even when you do come across a website that offers Feeding Frenzy 2 as an online applet, it is a very limited package with fewer environments, a smaller variety of fish, and sometimes slower performance.
- Books are offered through a simple Java applet and a free bookmarking feature lets you save your screen preferences as well as your place in the book.
- An internet connection is required to use the Funderstanding coaster simulation, but can be disconnected once the java applet has loaded successfully.
- One of their most popular programs, a simple roller coaster java applet, illustrates that philosophy perfectly.
- The programs let users easily setup a widget and create the applet in a short amount of time.