- Apoplectic is defined as the loss of the ability to speak as a result of being mad.
An example of someone who is apoplectic is a parent whose teenager has blatantly ignored her rules and directions.
- The definition of apoplectic is the lack of consciousness or loss of body function as a consequence of hemorrhage or stroke.
An example of someone who is apoplectic is someone suffering Dengue hemorrhagic fever.
- of, like, or causing apoplexy
- having apoplexy
- on the apparent verge of apoplexy: apoplectic with rage
Origin of apoplecticLate Latin apoplecticus ; from Classical Greek apoplēktikos ; from apoplēktos, stricken: see apoplexy
- Of, resembling, or produced by apoplexy: an apoplectic fit.
- a. Having or inclined to have apoplexy.b. Exhibiting symptoms associated with apoplexy.
- Extremely angry; furious: “His accounts of the battles in 1812 left some veterans apoplectic with rage” (Rosamund Bartlett).