- In the same time, and the farm of Antisana, where Humboldt resided for a time, 165 ft.
- Antisana is crowned with a double dome, and is described as an extinct volcano, though Humboldt saw smoke issuing from it in 1802.
- On its western side is the famous hacienda (farm) of Antisana, 13,306 ft.
- Sara-Urcu stands south-east of Antisana in a densely forested region, drenched with rain and only slightly explored.
- All the higher summits of Ecuador have true glaciers, the largest being found on Antisana, Cayambe and Chimborazo.