- an opponent of or disbeliever in Christ
- [A-]Bible the great antagonist of Christ, expected to spread universal evil before the end of the world but finally to be conquered at Christ's second coming: 1 John 2:18
- a false Christ
Origin of antichristMiddle English anticrist from Old French antecrist from Ecclesiastical Late Latin antichristus from Ecclesiastical Greek antichristos from anti-, against + Christos, Christ
- Antichrist The great enemy of Christ expected by the early Church and historically by many branches of Christianity to rise to power in the last days before the Second Coming.
- One who actively denies or opposes Christianity.
- A false Christ.
Origin of antichristMiddle English Antecrist from Old French and from Old English both from Late Latin Antichrīstus from Late Greek Antikhrīstos Greek anti- anti- Greek Khrīstos Christ ; see Christ .
- One who works against the teachings of Christ.
anti- + Christ
- (religion) One under the direct control of the Devil, who will lead the abomination in the end times.