- an opponent of or disbeliever in Christ
- Bible the great antagonist of Christ, expected to spread universal evil before the end of the world but finally to be conquered at Christ's second coming: 1 John 2:18
- a false Christ
Origin of antichristMiddle English anticrist ; from Old French antecrist ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin antichristus ; from Ecclesiastical Greek antichristos ; from anti-, against + Christos, Christ
- Antichrist The great enemy of Christ expected by the early Church and historically by many branches of Christianity to rise to power in the last days before the Second Coming.
- One who actively denies or opposes Christianity.
- A false Christ.
Origin of antichristMiddle English Antecrist, from Old French and from Old English, both from Late Latin Antichr&imacron;stus, from Late Greek Antikhr&imacron;stos : Greek anti-, anti- + Greek Khr&imacron;stos, Christ; see Christ.
- One who works against the teachings of Christ.
anti- + Christ
- (religion) One under the direct control of the Devil, who will lead the abomination in the end times.