- having or showing prejudice against Jews
- discriminating against or persecuting Jews
- of or caused by such prejudice or hostility
Also written an·ti·semit′ic
Origin of anti-Semitic; from anti-Semitism ; from German Antisemitismus, coined (1879) by Wilhelm Marr, German writer
(comparative more antisemitic, superlative most antisemitic)
- Alternative spelling of anti-Semitic.
(comparative more anti-Semitic, superlative most anti-Semitic)
- Relating to or exhibiting anti-Semitism.
The word anti-Semitic is not an antonym to Semitic.
anti- + Semitic