Variant of annex
- to add on or attach, as a smaller thing to a larger; append
- to add to as a condition, consequence, etc.
- to incorporate into a country, state, etc. the territory of (another country, state, etc.)
- to take or appropriate, esp. without asking
- Archaic to join; connect
Origin: Middle English annexen ; from Old French annexer ; from Classical Latin annexus, past participle of annectere ; from ad-, to plush nectere, to tie, bind: see net
- a wing added to a building
- a nearby building used as an addition to the main building
- a section added as to a document; addendum
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.