A city of southern France in the Alps on Lake Annecy east-northeast of Lyon. It is a popular resort.x
- There may also be mentioned the lakes of Bourget and Annecy (both in Savoy), St Point (Jura), Paladru (Isre) and Nantua (Am).
- CHAMBERY - Annecy, Tarentaise, St Jean-de-Maurienne.
- - Annecy HAUTES-PYRfiNfiES.
- FRANCIS (FRANCois) OF Sales, St (1567-1622), bishop of Geneva and doctor of the Church (1877), was born at the castle of Sales, near Annecy, Savoy.
- He received his education first at La Roche, in the Arve valley, then at the college of Annecy, founded by Eustace Chappius, ambassador in England of Charles V., in 1549.