- not to be judged by criteria of morality; neither moral nor immoral
- without moral sense or principles; incapable of distinguishing between right and wrong
- A person who has no conscience or scruples is an example of an amoral person.
- Stealing from the poor is an example of an amoral action.
The definition of amoral is someone who does not care if his actions are right or wrong, or actions that show a lack of care about what is morally right.
- Not admitting of moral distinctions or judgments; neither moral nor immoral.
- Lacking moral sensibility; not caring about right and wrong.
(comparative more amoral, superlative most amoral)
a- + moral
- But contact with the colonists has been recently lost and the Company, amoral corporation behind much of the economy, wants Ripley to go back with a team to find out what happened.
- Lando, amoral but not evil, escapes the Imperials with Leia in the Millenium Falcon.