all nighterall night·er
The definition of all nighter refers to an evening where you don't ever go to bed but instead where you stay up until morning.
A marathon study session that begins on one day and lasts until the morning of the next day is an example of an all nighter.
A project or event lasting all through the night, especially an intense bout of study or work: pulled an all nighter to finish the assignment on time.
- Alternative spelling of all-nighter.
- Something that lasts throughout the whole night.
- That party was an all-nighter.
All-night + -er.
- Veiled in the pretense of fashion, some people cover their eye area with sunglasses to disguise the evidence of drug use, an all-nighter or crying.
- Most of the contestants were forced to pull an all-nighter to get their plans and pitches ready for Tom and Kelly.