- mail transported by air; esp., in the U.S., mail going overseas by air
- a system for transporting mail by air: send it by airmail
Also air mail
of or used for mail sent by air: an airmail stamp
to send (mail) by air
by airmail: send the letter airmail
- The system of conveying mail by aircraft.
- Mail conveyed or to be conveyed by aircraft.
transitive verbair·mailed, air·mail·ing, air·mails
To send (a letter, for example) by air.
Of, relating to, or for use with air mail.
- Of, or relating to such a system.