aerophobia[er′ə fō′bē ə]
an abnormal fear of air, esp. of drafts
An abnormal fear of air, especially drafts.
- (medicine) A pathological aversion or sensitivity to air or the movement of air, especially as a symptom of rabies.
- The patient was diagnosed after displaying both aerophobia and acute hydrophobia.
- An aversion to fresh air, drafts or breezes.
- I can't understand your aerophobia on days this warm.
- (travel) Fear of flying
- Many first-time flyers suffer from aerophobia, though some hide it better than others.
- (rare, by extension or possibly from acrophobia) Fear of heights
- Standing on the edge of the cliff made me realise just how much aerophobia affected me.