something, as an option or accessory, that can be added to enhance the performance, appearance, etc. of something; specif., a piece of hardware or software designed to enhance a computer setup, application, etc.
- One thing added as a supplement to another.
- Computers a. See plug-in.b. A hardware device, such as an expansion card, that is added to a computer to increase its capabilities.
- An additional amount or charge.
- something to expand something else
(plural add ons)
- Alternative form of add-on.
- The manufacturer sold many add ons for the basic camera.
- The secretary offered a full typing and copying service for theses with the option of binding as an add on.
(third-person singular simple present adds on, present participle adding on, simple past and past participle added on)
- To make an addition to something.