The definition of abhorrent is something that is disgusting or hated.adjective
An example of an abhorrent action would be the way a vegetarian feels about eating meat.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- causing disgust, hatred, etc.; detestable: an abhorrent crime
- feeling abhorrence
- opposed or contrary (to): abhorrent to his principles
Origin: L abhorrens, prp. of abhorrere, abhor
- abhorrently adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Disgusting, loathsome, or repellent.
- Feeling repugnance or loathing.
- Archaic Being strongly opposed.
- ab·horˈrent·ly adverb