- The definition of abecedarian is arranged in alphabetical order or formed by letters of the alphabet.
An example of abecedarian is an acrostic poem where the first letters of each line spell out a word.
- Abecedarian is defined as a beginner or someone just learning a subject or the alphabet.
An example of an abecedarian is a young child taking piano lessons for the first time.
- a person learning the alphabet; beginning student
- any beginner or novice
Origin: Midieval Latin abecedarius ; from A, B, Celcius D
- of the alphabet
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who teaches or studies the alphabet.
- One who is just learning; a beginner.
- Having to do with the alphabet.
- Being arranged alphabetically.
- Elementary or rudimentary.
Origin: Middle English, from Medieval Latin abecedārium, alphabet, from Late Latin abecedārius, alphabetical : from the names of the letters A B C D + -ārius, -ary.