- The definition of abduction is the act or process of illegally taking away a person by using force or coercion.
An example of abduction is a criminal driving away with a rich person's child tied up in the back seat.
abduction definition by Webster's New World
- an abducting or being abducted
- Law the carrying off of a person by force or fraud; esp., the kidnapping of a woman for marriage, prostitution, etc.
- an abducting of a part of the body
- the changed position resulting from this
Origin: Late Latin abductio: see abduct