galactic definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of or obtained from milk; lactic
- Astron. of or pertaining to the Milky Way or some other galaxy
Origin: Classical Greek galaktikos, milky ; from gala (gen. galaktos), milk ; from Indo-European base an unverified form glak- from source Classical Latin lac, milk
galactic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or relating to a galaxy, especially the Milky Way.
- Of enormous size; immense.
- Of, relating to, or causing the secretion of milk.
galactic - Medical Definition
- Relating to milk.
- Promoting the flow of milk.